Let’s Raise Mo Money!
The Movember foundation is the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men’s health. The Movember community has raised $574 million to date and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries.
Granville Island Brewing is proud to be a major partner and official beer supplier of Movember in BC. This Movember, we’re committing to a donation pledge: for every dollar you donate to the Granville Island Brewing team on ca.movember.com, we’ll match it!* To donate, simply follow the simple steps below; let’s raise ‘Mo Money’ for good causes together.
1) Click here to go to the G Granville Island Brewing team page.
2) Click on ‘Donate To Team’ under our logo.
3) Enter your relevant personal details and the size of your donation. Then simply click ‘donate’.
That’s it. Remember, we’ll match every dollar you donate to our team. Thank you for your efforts, and here’s to a great Movember!
Mo Photo Contest!
Movember isn’t just about the size of your donation. It’s also about raising awareness. Movember started with a conversation between mates and it’s a conversation that remains integral to how the Movember foundation is changing the fact of men’s health. The Movember foundation challenges men to grow moustaches during Movember (formerly known as November), to spark conversations. To date, 4 million moustaches have been grown worldwide.
This is where you come in! Look for our ‘Mo Coasters’ at participating bars and pubs around BC. Snap a photo wearing the mo and show us your pics by doing one of the following: tag yourself at facebook.com/granvilleislandbrewing; Tweet it to @itsgoodtobehere using #GIBmophoto; or send it to MyMo@gib.ca.
By showing us your ‘Mo Photos’, we’ll enter you into our contest to win a Mo Mystery Prize.** Remember to check out the entries on Facebook.
Bring Us Your Bottles For Movember!
For every old bottle you give to our retail store, you’ll receive recycling cashback. Plus, we’ll provide a matching donation to Movember for any bottle received between November 1st and November 30th. Happy ‘Mo’-ing. Granville Island Brewing’s matching donation to Movember will be 10¢ for bottles under 1 litre, and 20¢ for bottles over 1 litre.*
*Movember – Granville Island Brewing Matching Donations & Bottle Donations.
For every one dollar donated to the ‘Granville Island Brewing’ team on ca.movember.com, Granville Island Brewing will match it up to a total donation of $20,000. Donations received from October 15th 2014 to November 30th 2014 will be eligible for a match donation from Granville Island Brewing. The $20,000 total donation includes donations received from Granville Island Brewing’s bottle donation program.
** Mo Photo Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you and the subject of the ‘Mo Photo’ must be legal drinking age and a resident of British Columbia (“BC”). You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee of Molson Canada 2005, or Granville Island Brewing (the “Sponsors”), or any of its respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; or c) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins at 11 am (PT) on November 1st 2014 and all entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm (PT) on November 30th, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). There will be four random draws held on Friday the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th at 5 pm (PT).
- To enter, use any of the platforms listed below and follow the instructions:
- Facebook: Submit a photo taken by you that shows us you “wearing the Movember moustache” as found on Granville Island Brewing Movember coasters to www.facebook.com/GranvilleIslandBrewing
- Twitter: Use the hashtag #GIBmophoto and submit a photo taken by you that shows you “wearing the Movember moustache” to as found on Granville Island Brewing Movember coasters to @itsgoodtobehere
- Email: Send us a photo that shows us you ‘wearing the Movember moustache” as found on Granville Island Brewing Movember coasters toMyMo@gib.ca
Entrants can submit a submission (the “Submission”) using and accessing the above platforms either through the Internet or through a mobile device. If entering via mobile, standard data rates may apply. Check your service carrier plan for your rates and fees. Each Submission must be original, creative, realistic and actionable in a safe manner. An entrant will receive one (1) entry for his/her Submission submitted into the Contest. If a Submission is submitted more than once, the first Submission will be considered a valid entry and any subsequent duplications, all of which will be voided. Submissions submitted in any other manner and format other than what is outlined herein above will not be accepted. Submissions may only be submitted by the entrant themselves. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Contest Rules or the Terms and Conditions of the Contest page (gib.ca/Movember) or that contain prohibited or inappropriate content such as illegal, immoral or offensive words or terms, as determined by the Sponsors or their agents in their sole discretion will be disqualified from this Contest. Limit: one (1) entry per Submission per person throughout the Contest.
3. PRIZES: The number of Prizes available to be won, along with their approximate values are indicated below.
|Grand Prize||Total No. Avail. to be won||Approx. value for each in CAD|
|Granville Island Brewing branded T-Shirt||20 (5 T-Shirts to be drawn on each date)||$20|
Prizes are not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releases (defined below) will not be responsible; however, if weather conditions, event(s) cancellations, sold out periods or other factors beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prize will only be released to the verified winners. Limit: one (1) Prize per household.
4. DRAWINGS: As per the chart below, four (4) random draws will take place by the Granville Island Brewing team. The draw will take place on the date indicated in the chart below from amongst all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period as outlined below.
|Prizes||Contest Entry Period||Draw date|
|Granville Island Brewing branded T-Shirt||11:00am (PT)November 1st, 2014 –11:59pm (PT) November 30th, 2014||Friday, November 7th, 2014Friday, November 14th, 2014Friday, November 21st, 2014Friday, November 28th, 2014|
5. SKILL-TESTING QUESTION REQUIREMENT: To be declared a winner of the above Grand Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone. Sponsors will attempt to notify the selected entrants by commenting on or replying to their, Twitter Contest entry. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsors the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant within the time period indicated on such forms (if applicable); the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
6. RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsors and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsors or their designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsors by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting any Prize, the winner[s] consent[s] to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsors or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the relevant Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. COPYRIGHT-PROTECTED WORK: By submitting a Submission into the Contest, the entrant represents and warrants that the Submission submitted is original to the entrant, and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsors to use the Submission as contemplated herein; and that the Submission does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party. In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Contest, the entrant hereby (i) grants to the Sponsors, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Submission or Video, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Submission or Video in favour of the Sponsors (and anyone authorized by the Sponsors to use the Submission); and (iii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims related, directly or indirectly, to his/her Submission – including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.”
11. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and without prior notice (except to the BC Liquor Distribution Branch if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any such action in B.C. will be subject to the approval of the B.C. Liquor Distribution Branch without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Contest should any error in production, distribution, and printing or any other event or error resulting in more than the stated number of prizes of any category being claimed. In such event, the Prizes not yet awarded may be awarded in a random drawing amongst all eligible claimants who have not yet received a Prize. In any such drawing, the selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise (which will be administered by mail or phone), and execute any documents as may be required before being declared a winner.
12. MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsors, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsors). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors– including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsors, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
13. LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.